Security Information When Ordering or Paying on This Site
Hot Promotions Online appreciates that your security and privacy concerns are important. Our e-commerce functionality is provided by GTP-iCommerce. This page tells you about our internet security and how you can check that we encrypt and protect the privacy of your credit card details during and after ordering.
Before the payment information entered on a GTP iCommerce order page is transmitted across the internet, it is first encrypted by an extremely rigorous algorithm called RC4 128 bit (SSL v3.0) which is proven as secure for online shopping and e-commerce. This encryption method is more secure than providing your credit card number over the phone - something many of us do without hesitation.
There are several indicators of a secure web page.
The first is the https:// prefix on the URL. If this is present it indicates that the connection is secure and encrypted. The URL is visible in the address bar at the top of your browser.
The second indicator of a secure page depends on your browser. Most modern browsers (including Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox and Netscape) display a small padlock or key in a lower corner of your screen. When this is closed or highlighted, the page is secure.
GTP`s digital key, which is required for secure web page encryption, was provided by Rapid SSL. Rapid SSL performs a comprehensive background check on any company before issuing a digital key.
You can confirm the authenticity of our key by doing the following
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or later: Click on the gold padlock in the address bar to bring up details of the security certificate.
- Windows Internet Explorer 9: Click on the padlock in the address bar to bring up details of the security certificate.
- Mozilla Firefox: Click on the gold padlock in the lower left hand corner and the 'View' button on the Security Information panel.
- Chrome: Click on the green padlock on the address bar to bring up details of the security certificate.
- Safari: Click on the dark grey padlock on the address bar to bring up details of the security certificate.
Once sent to us your credit card number is stored in an encrypted format in a password protected area until processed and deleted.
If you are still not comfortable sending your credit card details across the internet, you can simply fill out your details on the order page, printing out the final order page. Write your credit card details on the printed order copy and fax to us. Alternatively, phone us and place your order over the phone.
For more information about our security practices please contact us.